Saturday, February 28, 2009

our new family member & gracie's room redo

we have added a new member to the family. for now, his name is mr. good guy fishy. i'm sure the name is subject to change. ben is thrilled with him! the fish was kind of a reward for potty training & also because i am a pushover and was tired of him asking me for one. day 1 with mr. good guy fishie has went pretty well. ben takes his cars & other toys over to show mr. fishie & said he will take good care of him.
gracie's room has gotten a makeover. she now has a big girl bed. the crib never really worked well for us. the toddler bed has already seen more sleep than the crib.

i also scored this huge moon at a local art gallery going out of business. her room is now for sure overcrowded with stuff. but i like it. here's another favorite item in her room. a picture given to me by my great friend karen. i love this print of the children & the guardian angel. for some reason, it always reminds me of my mom. i smile everytime i walk into gracie's room. thanks, karen!
hope everyone is having a great weekend!
-sara

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First hey he got a Johnn Deere...Good boy. Thats cool.

2. I love your daughters room. There is so much to look at and that is how a kids room has to be...full of cool stuff and toys.

3. The painting is really beautiful. Wow! Was your friend Karen painting it?

sara said...

hey angie! hope all is well on your side of the world!

thanks for the kind words on gracie's room. it is full of stuff for sure!

it was in my friend karen's room as a child & she gave it to me to put in my daughter's room. i don't know who painted it, but i love it!

Mimi-n-Moe's Mom said...

Loooove Miss G's room! Her room is so cool and inspires much creativity!
~Lots o' love, Karen