Wednesday, February 18, 2009

the crayon pirates strike!

oh, how i love brian andreas & his storypeople. every story of his i read, i want. we have the crayon pirate print hanging up in ben's room.

it says "there was a single blue line of crayon drawn across every wall in the house. what does it mean? i said. a pirate needs the sight of the sea, he said & then he pulled his eye patch down & turned and sailed away.

the pirates were definitely at my home today. when i was on the phone with namaw & poppy picking up the kitchen, they overtook the living room. look at the destruction they left behind. they managed to color the entire living room!




the pirates were lucky i was talking to their grandparents at the time, otherwise momma might have lost it! some tears were shed, but we all worked together to clean it up. when daddio got home, ben told him he did it because he was going to throw him a party...

on another note, ben has been jumping like crazy lately. check out these action shots



i love his filthy face in this one, his expression cracks me up!


the pirates' markers have now been put up under lock & key, so hopefully no more artistic displays on my carpet. i like their work much better on paper.

4 comments:

Mimi-n-Moe's Mom said...

Oh my! Sounds like you have a good sense of humor about it all...better than I would have! WOW! Kids can be so destructive in minutes!
~Karen

Anonymous said...

Oh you know I love storypeople. Sounds like the Prather children were just trying to express themselves via crayons and any surface they could find! I'm glad you got photos.
I'm excited to see you guys this weekend.

The Jarrett Family said...

Well I feel awful for you, but appreciate the insight...I will lock our crayons up ASAP!! Thank you so much for our puzzles - we LOVE them!

Anonymous said...

Wow artsy little kids.
A friend of mine's daughter was painting on the kitchen wall, my friend just put an empty picture frame on the wall....Looks great with the Kids painting! Do you understand what i'm trying to explain to you here lol?