some things i just can't quit (my diet cokes and dr. peppers when i really want a treat)...but i do want to become a better me in 2014 & love making lists, so here goes my to do's for 2014:
1. put God first. always.
6. forgive myself.
7. take the time to eat a healthy breakfast in the morning... not just my diet coke.
11. exercise.. at least a little bit - yes, gracie girl may like momma's soft belly to cuddle on, but this gal's gotta get in shape. let's say 1/2 hour a day at least starting out...
12. say "yes" more to my family with my time.
13. visit loved ones more often
14. de-clutter and purge- donate 14 items a week to a new home
15. make it to life group!
17. read more.
18. less tv/computer time...
19. play more.
20. cook more homemade meals than not each week (may have to get some new batteries for that smoke alarm)
21. deep clean one room a week
22. sew. and help gracie girl on her sewing skills. how i cherish the memories of learning to sew with mamaw and deedee.
23. call pap at least once a week. and visit with the kiddos.
25. work out my brain..on things more challenging than 2nd grade homework.
26. learn to play guitar with my kiddos (daddio is a great teacher:) )
27. volunteer more. continue helping out in g's class, the backpack program & find other opportunities to make a difference.
28. have a date time once a month!
30. organize our craft supplies.
31. organize the bathroom.
32. organize the basement - the bottomless pit.
33. don't take things too seriously or personally.
34. do a good deed for another every day.
35. start new traditions with our family...what they are, i don't know yet.
36. clean out the swagger wagon & keep the mess down to 1 bag (this will be a hard one!)
37. eat lunch at school with the kiddos at least once a month.
39. write letters to friends or family. let them know i am thinking of them.
40. lose weight. the pounds have really packed on lately, thanks to the yummy holiday food and some medication. size 6, how i miss you but will see you again before 2015.
41. enroll the kiddos in an activity they both want to explore.
42. let it go & give it to God.
43. make homemade gifts for special occasions.
44. greet my love at the door with a kiss and hug each evening.
45. recycle more. we pay to do it - but sometimes still put recyclables in the trash.
47. clean off the kitchen counter of clutter every night.
48. put the laundry away after i fold it.
49. clean out the kiddos' closets
50. remember to thank God in all circumstances..even those that don't make sense to me. He has a bigger plan.
51. ask namaw to teach me to knit. and learn.
52. continue to pray as a family.
53. worship as a family.
55. make sure daddio keeps his doc appointments.
56. let my light shine!
57. wear sunscreen
59. make a meal plan for each week.. freezer meals, crock pot?? can i do it? yes, i can!
60. be more patient with my kiddos..
61. provide more opportunities for our kiddos to grow spiritually, mentally and socially.
62. remind myself "what would deedee do?" & remember the great example she always was in my life.
64. dance more.
some details i still need to work on, but a pretty good start for my to-do's in 2014, if i do say so myself :).